WoWUniverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoWUniverse

Just as badass as it gets.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sorya's GM App

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sorya

Sorya's GM App Empty
PostSubject: Sorya's GM App   Sorya's GM App I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 10:31 pm

Basic Information

1. Name: Matt

2. Age: 16

3. What time zone are you in, and where do you live? GMT -6 Chicago, Illinois.

4. What languages do you know?
I speak fluent english and some french.
5. Use three words to describe yourself.
Committed, patient, responsible

6. What have you done to help the server?
Considering the fact that I just found it, nothing; however, I will show it to my friends tomorrow morning.

7. Have you ever been banned from the server for ANY reason?
Never.

8. Do you personally know any of the GMs/Admins?
I do not.

Availability (put hours available) -- times starting in one week (on and off)

Monday: 8am-10pm
Tuesday: see monday
Wednesday:8am-5:30pm.....9pm-11pm
Thursday: see monday
Friday: see monday
Saturday: see monday
Sunday: see monday

9. How long have you been playing on WoWUniverse?
15 minutes.

10. Have you been a GM or staff member on another server?
Plenty of times
If you have,

Server Name: Unholywow
Position: Admin
Time held position: 2 months
Why you left: Server closed due to death in owners family

Server name: Wowtemple
Position: GM
Time held position: 3 weeks
Why you left: Corrupted owner and a hacker that accused me of abusing my power so I resigned. There was no evidence I did anything wrong but the server was driving me crazy.

11. How extensive would you say your knowledge of World of Warcraft is overall? On a scale of 1-10.
9.5 I have been playing since it came out

12. How long did you play retail? Do you still have an active account?
Since it came out till about a year ago. Apparently not, about 8 months after i left it was suspended because a hacker was trying to sell it. Had 4 80s and was ranked 2nd druid healer on the server.

13. What emulator commands are you familiar with?
Arcemu and trinity

14. Do you have any ideas to improve the server?
Of course, I would like to host events and be involved with players so they can actually look up to the GMs and respect them.

15. Have you recruited anyone to play on the server or Advertised [Where?]? How many people?
Not yet; however, I have a lot of friends from my old server that are looking for a new server.

16. What makes you the best candidate for the position?
I know more about wow then most people, I have been a GM for a very long time, I act professional all the time, and i'm a leader on my schools drumline, which I believe helps me be a better GM.

17. Do you have a working mic and ventrilo? If so, what is your Ventrilo name?
I do, but I haven't used vent since my raiding days a year ago, I will set it up if i get accepted. I record music, so I know it will all work.

18. Do you know any scripting?
I have an overall idea of it and I can decently script teleporters and simple bosses.

19. Do you have any certain skills that most people can't do that can help the server out in any way? Ex. GFX. If so, tell us! It's the little things that count.
I'm a musician and travel the world, so that could help in a way.

Discipline

20. You find a player speed hacking? What do you do?
I would record them with fraps then ban their IP. I would then inform a higher ranking person.

21. When you make your decision about the hacker, another Game Master (with a same rank as you), confronts you about your decision. What do you say to that GM? How do you handle the situation?
I would direct them towards the rules and inform them that i'm following them. I would also ask them how they would have handled it.

22. A player is acting up in an event. He is constantly moving to the places you tell him not to, he is spamming in /y, and being disrespectful. How do you stop this player?
In past experience, I warn first. If they're running around I freeze them and if their yelling/insult people i mute them for 5 minutes. If they continue I make them leave.

23. A player is constantly making fun of other players, spamming, and saying racist things. What do you do to stop this player?
Depending on the severity, I would kick them. If they continued I would mute them for an hour...If they still continued I would mute them for a day.

24. A Game Master (of higher rank than you) confronts you about the situation. What do you tell this GM? How do you handle this?
I would offer to show them the SS's of the incident and ask them their opinion on how i handled it.

Any Other Information

25. How can we contact you? Skype, Email, ETC. Link the information you are comfortable with giving out below!
You may contact me here. I will offer up more info if I get accepted.

26. Tell us a little about yourself (limit 200 words - Minimum, 100):
Well, i'm currently finishing up sophomore year (5 more days). I play percussion in the highest band at my school and i'm tenor drum section captain in marching band. I also competed on our state ranked gymnastics team for 2 years (rings). I enjoy touring the world with the band, we just went to london and will be going to rome/germany soon. Most of my freetime is spent playing, writing, or listening to music. I plan on majoring in percussion performance. I also tend to get very cocky about my ability. That's why i'm going to stop talking about it so i don't sound that cocky.

Back to top Go down

Sorya's GM App
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WoWUniverse :: Applications-
Jump to: