WoWUniverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoWUniverse

Just as badass as it gets.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thraseus GM Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thraseus

Thraseus GM Application Empty
PostSubject: Thraseus GM Application   Thraseus GM Application I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:22 pm

1.Name: Lawrence Ford

2. Age: 17 Almost 18

3. What time zone are you in?

My Time zone is GMT 1

4. Use three words to describe yourself.

Funny, Laid back and dedicated

5. What have you done to help the server?

As of the moment I haven’t helped the server, but as this server is under development if I got the opportunity I would help this server grow as much as I could.

6. Have you ever been banned from the server for ANY reason?

I have not yet been ban on any kind of wow server, including retail I try to keep my game fair as can be.

7. Do you personally know any of the GMs/Admins?

No I do not.

Availability (put hours available)

Monday:Anytime needed
Tuesday: Anytime after 4pm GMT 1
Wednesday: Anytime needed
Thursday: Anytime after 4pm GMT 1
Friday: Anytime needed.
Saturday: Anytime needed
Sunday: Anytime needed

8. How long have you been playing on WoWUniverse?:

Only registered today.

9. Have you been a GM or staff member on another server?
Yes, I have indeed more than one server.

List Below:

My biggest success in a private server was at a server called WoW Mutany,i was a GM at the server from when it started, the server reach 25 in the top 100 after the first 3 weeks of running, the server shut down after 4 months of running, due to the fact the owner wasn't getting enough donations to keep the server running, this server had about 600 people on it at peak time so it the work rate with tickets was good. i have also worked on quite a few other projects i also ran a server for about 2 months called wow-crazy, i shut it down because i didn't have much time to run the server because i was at school at the time, there have also been some small projects that i have worked on that haven't been very successful but they have been servers i have worked on just to keep with the game

10. How extensive would you say your knowledge of World of Warcraft is overall? On a scale of 1-10.

I would say I know quite a lot of the game it’s self I would rate my self 8 - 10 lets be honest, nobody knows the game 10-10

11. How long did you play retail? Do you still have an active account?

I played retail for about 3 years, I still have a account but currently inactive.

12. What emulator commands are you familiar with?

I’m familiar with Arc EMU, Ascent Trinity and Mangos the 4 main emulators I’m comfortable with

13. Do you have any ideas to improve the server?

Not as far as I can see.

14. Have you recruited anyone to play on the server or Advertised [Where?]? How many people? Who?

No I haven’t .

15. What makes you the best candidate for the position?

Well I think I would make a good GM, because for one I have experience, I know a lot of the GM commands, I find it easy to cope With stress Due to my old server. I am a very laid back person and I'm a very responsible I like helping people with there problems, I also feel your server could use some one like me, knowing what it is like with people want help and with constant nagging I feel I would be a good help to the community.

16. Do you have a working mic and ventrilo? If so, what is your Ventrilo name?

I do have a working mic and vent, my ventrilio name would be Thraseus

17. Do you know any scripting? If so, write out a correct *BASIC* LUA script.

I have never really been interested in looking into LUA, but I have edited a few things such as addons etc.

Discipline

18. You find a player speed hacking? What do you do?

I would, ban this player from the server for using unfair programs towards the game, I would personally IP ban this account, and would ask for assistance of someone with a higher rank, to discuss how long this ban would stand for.

19. When you make your decision about the hacker, another Game Master (with a same rank as you), confronts you about your decision. What do you say to that GM? How do you handle the situation?

I would listen to what this GM has to say, if I know I have made the write I would ask a higher rank member of staff, to assist us both with this matter.

20. A player is acting up in an event. He is constantly moving to the places you tell him not to, he is spamming in /y, and being disrespectful. How do you stop this player?

Firstly, I would remove this player from the event, if he comes back and continues to be abusive, I would ban this player for being disrespectful after being told not to.

21. A player is constantly making fun of other players, spamming, and saying racist things. What do you do to stop this player?

I would give the player a verbal warning firstly, and kick him from the server again, if he continues to carry on with this rascal abuse I would ban this player from the server and ask someone from the management how long the ban would stand for.

22. A Game Master (of higher rank than you) confronts you about the situation. What do you tell this GM? How do you handle this?
Any Other Information

I would tell the GM how I was planning to act, if the GM would to correct my decision I would take not and take good advice from this.

23. How can we contact you? Phone, Skype, Email, ETC. Link the information you are comfortable with giving out below!

I would gladly PM you with any information you would need.

24. What are your grades like? We want to make sure we are hiring SMART people with common sense.

I’m from Wales/UK so the standards of education where I live is very important, My grades in English was A In Maths My grade was b and Science my grade was A.

25. Tell us a little about yourself (limit 200 words - Minimum, 100):

Well, my name is Lawrence ford I'm 17 years old nearly 18, I go to college and study i.t and sport I finished school a year ago with grades in my pocket. I would describe my self as .. very funny most people would think as me as the funny guy on ventrilio I'm very helpful when someone needs it I’m very dedicated to something i do I'm also respectful to other people and do my best to be polite and treat people with care.
Back to top Go down
Pyrite

Pyrite

Thraseus GM Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thraseus GM Application   Thraseus GM Application I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 4:33 pm

App is under Review bounce
Back to top Go down

Thraseus GM Application
Page 1 of 1